Eureka Springs with H.
Aug. 28th, 2026 08:45 am Allen TX to Eureka Springs, Eureka Matterhorn Tower
According to my watch tracker: 8 h 30 m asleep, 23 min awake, 1 hr 34 min of REM
Ate breakfast in the hotel - oatmeal, boiled egg, yogurt, that sort of thing. Coffee. OJ.
Saw hot air balloons off in the distance as I was loading up my car.
Stopped at 12:15 for diesel in Wilburton OK. $4.99/galllon, $32.09 total
I got in and put my stuff in the room, then put on my swimsuit and went swimming in the hotel pool. H. drove up while I was swimming and I got her squared away in the room, too.
We went in to town and had wine at The Stone House and then later we had some dinner (wine flight, appetizers,and dessert) at Local Flavor. We sat outside on the patio. H. had the white wine flight and I had the red wine flight, she had baked brie appetizer and I had a meatball with grits (wierd combo but it worked) and then sahred lavender chocolate creme brulee for dessert.
Today's step count was 10779
also swam in the hotel pool
According to my watch tracker: 8 h 30 m asleep, 23 min awake, 1 hr 34 min of REM
Ate breakfast in the hotel - oatmeal, boiled egg, yogurt, that sort of thing. Coffee. OJ.
Saw hot air balloons off in the distance as I was loading up my car.
Stopped at 12:15 for diesel in Wilburton OK. $4.99/galllon, $32.09 total
I got in and put my stuff in the room, then put on my swimsuit and went swimming in the hotel pool. H. drove up while I was swimming and I got her squared away in the room, too.
We went in to town and had wine at The Stone House and then later we had some dinner (wine flight, appetizers,and dessert) at Local Flavor. We sat outside on the patio. H. had the white wine flight and I had the red wine flight, she had baked brie appetizer and I had a meatball with grits (wierd combo but it worked) and then sahred lavender chocolate creme brulee for dessert.
Today's step count was 10779
also swam in the hotel pool