evile: (clutter)
[personal profile] evile
 went in to the new job for 2 partial days last week (wednesday and thursday), did three full days this week. In addition to mail sorting and distribution, I'm going to be given some tasks to take care of in the payroll system. Verifying current employee status, logging returned mail checks, etc, Nothing earth shattering. I've been told that once I'm doing those online tasks I can do them from home on Monday and Friday, potentially making this a full time position. I like having my Mondays and Fridays to myself; I made our littlest dog an appointment for her annual exam on a Monday, I can take care of personal stuff when businesses are open, and I have been talking with my sister about meeting halfway-ish between here and her home in Indiana, in Eureka Springs, for a  'sister weekend'. Drive Friday, stay friday night thru Monday morning, drive home Monday, back to work Tuesday.  We're firming up dates and plans on that. It's nice to have $ and free time, both.

Housemate Sam found an apartment in South Austin; near where she used to live in her duplex with her deceased husband and various renters in the other side of the duplex. She really regrets selling that; she knows that if she and her husband had stayed here, 1) he might not have died and 2) she'd have a steady source of income from the renter's side of the duplex. But that's life. She spends a lot of time recriminating and rehashing. So do I, at times. I understand.  But she's going to be OK.   She's been moving boxes over and I think she moved her cat yesterday or day before, she's going to finish moving her stuff out, and says she is going to 'deep clean' the room before she goes. I imagine I'll still need to take care of it after she's moved out; she's apparently nose-blind to cat piss. some or all of the flooring may be permanently ruined and need replacing. I'm not going to think or worry about it until she's gone. 

We are getting the rest of the house flooring done at some point, so whenever we do that we will just have them replace whatever needs replaced in the cat-shit room.

Anyway, my first (small!) paycheck hits the bank today, and soon I will be back in the black on all my accounts. I'd been letting my Visa card go a bit; paying somewhat more than the minimum balance, but not the whole thing. I'll get that back down to zero in the next month or so and then start building up my bank accounts again. 

I have my uncle B. bringing over cousin B's dog for us to dogsit for a few hours today, he likes being over here with his 'cousin dogs' and we like having him. Uncle B and brother A are going to lunch and then the dog will go back home with uncle B.  I also have a roofing co coming over to give an estimate. Husband wanted me to gather a few. I got one via video call and that was OK. This one is going to be in-person roof inspection and quote. I fear a hard sell is imminent. uggh. I hate that. so much. But our roof needs replacement so we can get homeowners insurance again, so it's gotta be done.

and that's about it. We are all in good health, Husband is working, I'm working, Housemate is gettin' gone, brother A. is working at the dinosaur place until that project is done.. that's about it. Boba's paw and ear are better, the vet gave him a squirt of some heavy duty medicine in the ear,a nd told us to just keep the paw clean and dry. He hasn't been messing with it and it looks fine now.  Pepita has her annual + vaccines in a few weeks. I have a dentist appointment in July that I scheduled on a Thursday morning. They aren't open on Fridays but I might be able to reschedule on a Monday or earlier in the morning on another day. I've been doing 9-5:30 at my new job. Nobody really cares about clock-punching at my job, so if I can't reschedule the appointment, no one will care if I come in a little later.   

Pool near the house is open; I may go later if it's not raining. 

Life is pretty good. 

Profile

evile: (Default)
evile

August 2026

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526 27 28 29
30 31     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 8th, 2026 12:21 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios