Entry tags:
Eureka Springs with my sister H.
So, H and I had talked about taking a sister trip together, we would meet at some point halfway between her home in IN and mine in TX and spend some time. We determined that Eureka Springs, AR was about halfway, so we thought we'd do it in July. But then various things happened and we didnt' end up making the trip in July. So we planned for Labor Day weekend, but she didn't find any vacancies, so we then agreed the weekend before Labor day. I found us a place to stay and made our reservations and we made our plans from there.
I started my drive on Thursday after work, got to Allen TX around sunset. Just the other side of Dallas. Stayed at a hilton property that is done up to be sort of a 'young and fun corporate up and comer place to stay'. lots of jazzy words on the front doors, kind of a colorful decor plan, that 'quirky corporate' thing that a lot of places try to do. It was OK. Bedding was very comfortable, light fluffy and cozy without getting hot. I went ahead and ordered one of the duvets off of Ebay when I got home, lol.
My room was situated so that I could lay in the bed, with my head pointed towards the foot of the bed, and look out the window at the lunar eclipse. That was pretty cool. I texted with H, Thax, and aunt L while we all looked at the moon. Back in Austin, apparently it was pretty cloudy so there wasn't a good view. The sky was clear in Allen. It was cool.
I stopped around 6:45 that evening and got gas in West, TX. $5.19 gallon for diesel, $61.11.
Today's step count was 9164, 588 calories according to my watch tracker thingy.
I started my drive on Thursday after work, got to Allen TX around sunset. Just the other side of Dallas. Stayed at a hilton property that is done up to be sort of a 'young and fun corporate up and comer place to stay'. lots of jazzy words on the front doors, kind of a colorful decor plan, that 'quirky corporate' thing that a lot of places try to do. It was OK. Bedding was very comfortable, light fluffy and cozy without getting hot. I went ahead and ordered one of the duvets off of Ebay when I got home, lol.
My room was situated so that I could lay in the bed, with my head pointed towards the foot of the bed, and look out the window at the lunar eclipse. That was pretty cool. I texted with H, Thax, and aunt L while we all looked at the moon. Back in Austin, apparently it was pretty cloudy so there wasn't a good view. The sky was clear in Allen. It was cool.
I stopped around 6:45 that evening and got gas in West, TX. $5.19 gallon for diesel, $61.11.
Today's step count was 9164, 588 calories according to my watch tracker thingy.